Friday, July 20, 2012

A Note from Sarah


Today was an awesome first day of camp in Portland! We had 106 campers, which is the most campers CTR has ever had for any camp they have ever had. I am leading a group of seventh grade girls, and I really enjoyed meeting them all. The girls come from different situations, but most of them do attend church. I was nervous at first about answering hard questions that the girls had, but when we were having our team meeting Sunday night, Mr. Doyle referenced a verse from 1 Timothy that talks about God giving us the exact words we need when we need them and encourages us to not worry about the words we will say before we say them. I realized that I needed to completely trust God to give me the exact words the girls needed to hear. 

During camp today, the girls did ask a couple of questions that forced me to completely rely on God’s guidance when answering. One girl asked, “Is there any way that someone can be a Christian and then not be a Christian later?” I later asked Emily Lassiter to help know how to answer her. 

I was so encouraged by the girls’ willingness to ask me questions and amazed by God’s overwhelming comfort and peace that He provided me. I am so thankful for our opportunity to serve in Portland. I am already seeing that this camp is not only about us ministering to the kids, but also the kids ministering to us.--Sarah Mince 

No comments:

Post a Comment